Monday, June 29, 2015

The Sandlot (1993) Review

           The Sandlot (1993) is a coming of age baseball movie. Scotty Smalls (played by Tom Guiry) recently moved into a new neighborhood, and is desperate on making new friends. He has an interest in joining the local sandlot baseball team, except he sadly sucks at it. But after a few attempts, he gets the hang of it soon enough. Then one day, after becoming good friends with the team, Smalls decides to steal his stepdad's baseball signed by Babe Ruth after their other ball goes missing. Well, it turns out that ball manages to go over the fence to a backyard home of a really mean dog. So the rest of the movie in the latter half involves the team trying to get the ball back, before Smalls gets into really big trouble.
           This is a really awesome feel-good movie. I'm not going to lie when I say that I kind of wish I was more into baseball than I currently am after watching this. The kids in this movie were all really well done actors, and the baseball games as well as other activities they do in the movie are all really fun to watch. I felt like a kid again, except that I didn't try to chew on tobacco before going on an amusement park ride, or drown in a pool in order to kiss a female lifeguard and be called a pervert. Hahaha. Yes those things happen in here, and they were pretty darn amusing.
           But perhaps the biggest laugh I had in this movie was when the team was competing against another young boy's baseball team and one of the insults as they go back and forth with each other is, "You swing like a girl!" Holy cow did I laugh really hard at that one. That's truly messed up. Hahaha. And I haven't even brought up the brilliant musical score and cinematography, both of which really helped add to the experience.
           "The Sandlot" is a perfect baseball movie for the entire family to enjoy, and also a perfect movie to watch if you're looking for something that will brighten your mood. I personally had a total blast with this one, and I'm really excited to recommend this one to any of you readers if you haven't seen it already. Definitely check this one out.
            I give "The Sandlot" (1993) directed by David Mickey Evans a 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment